What questions will they ask at the college interview?
If you think about how you would answer the following questions, you will have a solid basis from which to respond to most questions at the interview.
- Why do you want to go to this college?
- What do you expect to gain from college?
- What do you plan to major in and why?
- Why are you a good match for this college, course?
- How did you decide what courses you want to take?
- What do you want to do after you graduate?
- What do you see as the good life for you twenty years from now?
- What were your favorite high school classes?
- What were your least favorite classes?
- What would your teachers say are your best and worst strengths?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- What would you change about high school?
- Who is your role model/greatest influence?
- What do you read?
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell me about your extra curricular activities.
- What did you do last summer?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- Tell me about an obstacle that you overcame.
- What would your friends say about you?
- What do you like to do best/least?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What would you change about the world?
- What would you do if you didn’t go to college?
- What do you think about (current event over the last week)?
- If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?
For interview coaching in Pittsburgh call (412) 478-6785 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Practice makes perfect! Schedule a coaching session with Sally Chopping to practice your interviewing techniques.