This question is almost always asked in a job interview:
Why should we hire you?
Think of good answers to the following questions so that you know why you would be great employee and you are ready to convince the interviewer that you are the ideal candidate for the job.
- Why are you the best person for the job?
- Why do you want to work for the company you are interviewing for?
- Why do you love the field you are in?
- What challenges have you faced successfully?
- In what ways did you and your boss work well together in your last job? (If you didn’t, why is that irrelevant to this position and why are you a person that a boss would love to have on their team? Do not badmouth your previous boss in your answer.)
- What makes you a person who works well with customers/clients?
- What makes you a person who works well with your co-workers?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years and in 10 years?
- What motivates you?
- In what ways have you shown that you go the extra mile for your job?
- What difference did you make to the bottom line at the last company you worked for?
- If you got the job, what could you do for the bottom line of this company?
- If you get the job, why will you be happy in that position and not get frustrated, bored, or expect to be promoted too quickly?
- If you got the job, why could you be of value immediately with minimal training time?
- What job experience are you lacking for the job and why that would not be a problem?
- What proof do you have that you are reliable?
- If you are going to be managing people, what do you do when people do not perform their jobs well?
- If you are going to be managing people, what do you do if a person can not get on with the other people?
- If you are going to be managing people, how do you keep track of their progress and what specifically do you do to motivate them?
- What trade magazines, newspapers and books have you read that the interviewer might also have read?
For interview coaching in Pittsburgh call (412) 478-6785
Public Speaking & Presentation Skills Training.
Phone: (412) 478-6785 Pittsburgh office
Interview Coaching and Public Speaking Classes
3019 Swansea West, Pittsburgh PA 15101